What is a chargeback?
A chargeback occurs when a cardholder contacts their bank to initiate a refund or to dispute the charge. Although there is a low percentage of chargebacks on ClickPay, we will need your assistance with fighting them. Most chargebacks fall into 3 different categories:
- The cardholder didn't recognize the charge on their statement.
- The resident used a card belonging to someone else who did not authorize this transaction.
- There is a dispute with the landlord on monies owed.
How does ClickPay handle incoming chargebacks?
- ClickPay will send you a notice that the LLC account will be debited the original payment payment amount. The LLC will also be charged a $50 chargeback fee.
- ClickPay will work with you on contacting the resident to determine the issue and will attempt to get the resident to sign an electronic document authorizing the payment if its a misunderstanding.
- ClickPay will submit documentation to the credit card company proving a valid transaction through ClickPay
- ClickPay will communicate back to you regarding final resolution to the case.
What do I have to do when I receive a chargeback notification from ClickPay
- Remove the payment from the resident ledger
- Provide documentation supporting this chargeback