In Office Payments allows landlords and property manager to accept payments from residents either over the phone or in the office. Here are some key points for this feature:
- We can build customized payment types and fields based upon your needs.
- Receipts are generated and available to print for signature after
- Anybody with landlord administrator, site administrator and lease administrator access can use this feature
What is In Office Payments used for?
- Application Fees
- Security Deposits
- Rent payments taken in the office
- Payments over the phone
- Credit Check Fees
- Other Miscellaneous Fees (This can be customized)
- New Move ins or future residents
Step 1: Select In-Office Payments from your dashboard
Step 2: Choose the type of payment and the select the LLC/Association
Step 3: Select the Unit or Non- Resident Payment
- If you select a specific "unit", this payment will be applied to the current resident
- If you select "Non-Resident Payment", this payment will need to be manually posted by the A/R team. Typically, landlords will select this setting for future residents or residents that are not in the current rent roll
Step 4: Fill out all required fields then click Continue
Step 4: Confirm the payment information
*Note: Please inform payer/ resident if they are submitting a paper check for this payment (i.e. routing number and account number) that their payment will be processed electronically via ACH.
Step 5: Print the Receipt and have the resident sign the receipt for your records
This will guide you through setting up your credit card swipers.
Before attempting to install the device, please note the following:
- Your computer must be running Windows (Vista, 7,8,10).
- You must be using your local PC. You will not be able to scan transactions using a Remote Desktop, VPN, Virtual Office, etc….
- You must have the latest version of Java installed on your PC. To check what version you are using (and upgrade if necessary) go to: https://www.java.com/en/download/.
- You must have administrative rights (permission to download and install) on your PC.
- You must use Internet Explorer. We cannot support alternate browsers at this time (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc…).
- Download the MagTek driver to your local PC: https://clickpay.box.com/s/29qn8nea77t99u19ow7kd8jetoh39als
- Right-click the .exe file and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Follow the instructions on screen until you successfully install the driver.
- Plug thecardswipedevice into an active USB port.
- Go to the In Office Payment Screen on the ClickPay portal.
**The light on the MagTek device will turn green, and the In Office Payment screen will show "Reader Connected"